Thursday 22 November 2012

Kate Winslet named 'Commander of the British Empire'


Yesterday, Kate Winslet was awarded the "Commander of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire" (CBE) honour for her contributions to the field of drama. This is a British order of chivalry, given to people who achieved great things for their country - the UK!
Kate was given the award by Queen Elizabeth II in person and even got the opportunity to have a short conversation with her: “She asked me if I liked the job that I do, and I told he that I love it, but not as much as I love being a mother,” Winslet, who has two children, told a reporter following the ceremony. “And she said, ‘Yes, well that is the only job. And I thought that was really, really touching.”
Of course Kate dressed up for her encounter with the Queen: She wore a gorgeous black blazer with a peblum together with a tight knee-long black skirt, both by Alexander McQueen. To this, she chose black pumps and a very British fascinator by milliner Natalie Ellner. Kate's red lips and nails brought on a nice contrast to the posh and elegant rest of her outfit.
Enjoy some enclosed photographs!
Here is a link to a good video about this topic: www.youtube.com/watch?v=sV5pB9T1HwI

We congratulate Kate on that remarkably great achievement and think, she deserved it very well!









No comments:

Post a Comment